The economy of USA is the world's largest national economy and the per capita income of the country is seventh highest. The bank holidays also called federal holidays in USA are mainly on New Year's Day, Labour Day, Christmas day and Good Friday. There are fifty states in USA and banking holidays can be nationally or regionally according to the each state.
Bank Holidays in USA
There are following states in the United States Of America.Some Bank holidays are varies from state to state in USA according to religions,type of organization and in case of emergencies.But the national holidays are the common holidays for all the following states of USA.
The states of United States (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming) have the bank holidays such as New Year's Day, Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Dta, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Dya, Christmas Day....etc.
Following holidays are the national holidays of USA.Some of These are not Federal or Bank holidays but usually banks and many other organization takes the common day off on these holidays.
- New Year's Day:- New Year Holiday is provided on the first day of a new year. This is a Public holiday and is given for the celebration of the starting of a new year.Several Banks in Alabama provides the paid holiday benefit on this day to its employees. Banks also provides the various benefits on the credit cards, gift cards and other products to its customer around the New Year's Day.
- Martin Luther King jr. Day:-Martin Luther King Jr. Day is celebrated on the third Monday of January and a public and every year a federal holiday is provided on this day. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is celebrated in the memory of Martin Luther King Jr. who was a chief spokesman for non-violent activism in the civil rights movement. The Day is officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a paid holiday in the most of the us banks.
- Presidents Day:-President Day is celebrated in the honour of George Washington. The day is also known as Washington day. Goerge Washington was the first president of United States of America. The Day is celebrated every year on the third Monday of February. Some organizations add this holiday in the list of paid holidays.
- Memorial Day:-Memorial Day is originated after the American Civil War to keep alive the memory of the fallen union soldiers of the civil war.The Day was formerly known as Decoration Day.
- Independence Day:-United States of America declared independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain on 4 july,1776 after that Independence Day of United States of America is celebrated on 4 July every year. The day is also known as Fourth of July there is a federal holiday in the United States on this day.
- Labour Day: -Labour Day is celebrated on the 1st Monday in September it is celebrated for the economic and social contributions of the worker. There is public and federal holiday on this day.
- Columbus Day:-Columbus day is celebrated in the memory of Christopher Columbus as the anniversary of Christopher Columbus arrival in the America. The day is celebrated on 2nd Monday in October of every year.
- Veterans Day: -Veteran Day is formerly known as Armistice Day. Veteran Day is celebrated in the honour of armed service veterans. Veteran Day is celebrated on 11 November.
- Thanksgiving Day:-Thanksgiving is primarily celebrated in Canada and United States of America. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of every year in USA.
- Christmas Day:-Christmas day is celebrated every year on 25th December it is a well known festival of United States of America and many other countries. The day is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. There is a federal and public holiday on this day.